The road has been long but, today, PIP PAC packs are made up of 40 ingredients some of which need to be printed, pinched, stuck together and folded before precision packed into a Post In Proportion (PIP) pack (PAC) mailing box. Uniquely, some contents are colour coded to reduce sharing and transmission of blood-borne infections including HIV and Hepatitis C.
Over 7 years, a humble folded information leaflet has evolved into a 32-page booklet with links to our gay men’s health website MENRUS.CO.UK—a wealth of further guidance and support. Most recently, we included guidance on ambulance call-outs and the police, a bust card: your rights on arrest booklet, and new and expanded guidance on using GHB.
We would love to give PIP PAC away for free but they are not subsidised or receive government or grant funding. They are produced on a not for profit basis to give you the best value possible.
Discretely packaged and posted 2nd and 1st class, packs fit through standard letterboxes. Click here to purchase PIP PAC.
Safer Chemsex booklet (8th Edition)
Click here to complete our contact form for your free single copy of our latest Safer Chemsex booklet not forgetting to include a name and address. Please allow 3-5 working days for delivery.
Alcohol, recreational drug use and chemsex support
Click the link for chemsex and recreational drug use support at MENRUS.CO.UK
Developing PIP PAC
In early 2014, we funded (ourselves) and piloted 500 packs for 12 months. Today volunteers make 100-150 packs/ month. Those involved in its development are gay men with direct knowledge and experience of recreational drug use; and problematic drug use, withdrawal, and recovery. We also work with LGBT+, drugs, and sexual health services across the UK. Feedback remains very positive and we will continue to make more while the need is there.
Procurement, bulk and orders and tailored packs
Our shop sells multiples of single and twin packs only. Please, use the contact form or call for bulk orders or the chemsex booklet which can be purchased separately. Packs can be tailored with inserts (eg: details of local services), and include bespoke pack labels (eg: the name of your organisation).
Pack updates and changes
- September 2021: Hepatitis C prevention flyer (A6) 1st edition
- August 2021: Contents and tracker slip, Safe-Loc and Electrolyte flyers combined into a single folded leaflet
- July 2021: Chemsex booklet (A5) 8th edition, printed
- July 2021: Rights on Arrest booklet (A6) 3rd re-print
- July 2021: Hook-Up Safer booklet (A6) 1st edition, printed
- July 2021: HIV/ HCV/ STI Risk-O-Meter leaflet (A6) 2nd edition, printed
- July 2021: Sex Calories Counted leaflet (A6) 2nd edition, printed
- June 2021: Mento mints changed for Uncle Joe’s Mint Balls
- January 2020: New contents slip. Twin packs discontinued. Orders despatched 2nd class unless specified.
- February 2020: Chemsex booklet (A5) 7th edition, printed
- January 2020: Nevershare and Needle Safe replaced with Acufine and Safe Loc
- December 2019: PIP PAC box increased in size
- October 2019: Electrolyte tablets replaced with DSC Nutrition (salt replacement tablets)
- July 2019: Chemsex booklet (A5) 6th edition, printed
- July 2019: Bust Card: Your Rights on Arrest booklet (A7) 2nd edition, printed
- May 2019: Bust Card: Your Rights on Arrest booklet (A7) 2nd edition, printed
- October 2018: Chemsex booklet (A5) 5th edition, printed
- January 2019: Bust Card: Your Rights on Arrest booklet (A7), added
- December 2018: Plastic mailer bags replaced with paper envelopes
- November 2018: PIP PAC 2.0 phased out
- October 2018: Chemsex booklet (A5) 4th edition, printed
- May 2018: Plastics straws replaced with paper straws
- October: 2017: Chemsex booklet 3rd edition, printed
- August 2017: ‘G’ tracker, ID wristbands, and mint sweets added