The Gay Men’s Health Collective (GMHC) is a collection of beautifully proportioned independent volunteer led projects intended for the purposes of information, education, satire, and amusement, namely for the health of gay men and men who have sex with men, including sexual health, health promotion and well-being, harm reduction and HIV/ HCV prevention.
Three Flying Piglets makes bespoke and affordable films on gay men’s health issues, and films for the wider LGBT+ community. Often addressing sensitive issues, we are passionate about the use of film to connect us better to our health and well-being needs. Maybe we can make a film for you? Or if you looking to volunteer you don’t need any specialist knowledge to join us – just bring commitment, a sense a humour and a willingness to learn on the hoof. Our filmography of over 20 projects includes:
- “Flash Mob Feast”, “Together” and “I’m Going!” for Camden LGBT Forum (2014/ 16) “The piglets consistently understand what’s needed making us inclusive and memorable films for Camden and Islington LGBT History Month.”
- “Tom Meets SXT” for SXT Health (2016) “A pleasure to work with because of their understanding, wit and skill.”
- “There’s More to G Than Cock” for Global Drugs Survey (2015) “Easy to work with, smart, innovative, creative, responsible and respectful. Love working with these guys and look forward to future partnerships.”
- Canada-UK HIV & Rehabilitation Research Collaborative (2013-ongoing) “Filming over 50 presentations for our Knowledge Translation and Exchange (KTE) Library, Three Flying Piglets continues to be instrumental in translating research evidence on HIV and rehabilitation to the broader community. Thank you!”
- “Alchemy” and “Safer Injecting” films for PIP PAC (2014)
- “Triptych” for Club Drug Clinic (2013)
PIP PAC are safer sex (1.0) and safer chemsex (2.0/ 3.0) packs made for and by gay men. Some of us who volunteer for the project have direct knowledge and experience of drug use, addiction, withdrawal, and recovery. Bought online, packs are discretely packaged for 1st class delivery in the UK and fit through standard letterboxes.
- 73% of those who bought the pack say it’s ‘awesome’ while 20% say it’s ‘what they expect’.
- The leaflets tell users something new about safer injecting (64%), douching and hep C (55.6%), GHB/ GBL (60%), risk, support and advice (51%), booking a sexual health MOT (17.8%). 15.6% learn nothing new.
- The pack scores 4-4½ stars out of 5 in terms of “doing what it says on the tin”, meeting a need, innovation, quality, convenience, ease of ordering and speed of delivery.
- 72.7% say the help and support included is ‘invaluable’ while 31.8% say ‘it could be useful’.
Above data from online PIP PAC 2.0 survey findings based on 45 respondents (Apr 14 – Dec 15).
PIP PAC receives no statutory or grant funding. You only pay for pack contents, a contribution towards P&P and volunteer expenses.
Exasperated by unhelpful Internet search results, we wanted our health, life, and well-being stuff in one place. So we got off our arses and built an independent free-access website that joins up the dots with trusted links to further info, support and reading.
MEN R US is an encyclopaedic life manual and our take on what it is to be gay today. It’s not perfect, it’s sometimes messy but it’s ours! And we didn’t want ads, pop-ups, and banners; or content that’s been dumbed-down, drained of humour, or edited to within an inch of its life. While content more is London-focused (initial funding on went so far) we are hoping to change this soon.
Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental, or not. Batteries not included. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. May be too intense for some viewers. For recreational use only. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop.
Browsing constitutes acceptance of agreement of our terms. Men may be slippery when wet. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Parental discretion is advised. Although robust enough for general use, adventures into the esoteric periphery may reveal unexpected quirks.
Not available in stores. May cause abdominal cramping and loose stools. Not designed or intended for use in on-line control of aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft communications; or in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility. May contain traces of various seeds and nuts.